District administrators can perform many tasks, such as view rosters and create school administrator accounts. Click on a tab to find out more information on how to complete a task.
Viewing and printing user rosters
As a district administrator, you can access and edit student, teacher, and school administrator account information in schools within your assigned district. To view a list of existing users in your district, complete the following steps.
- If applicable, select your desired district.
- Click the Users tab.
- The Find a User page displays the User Names (up to 50 per page in alphabetical order) of all the student, teacher, and school administrator users in your district along with their Full Name, School, and Role (or type).
- Click the filter drop down menu at the top of the page to view only users who are school administrators, teachers, or students. Or you can click the Include Inactive Users check box to also display the "Inactive" users.
- To navigate through the pages of users, you can click the View Next link at the bottom of the page. -Or- search for a specific user by typing all or part of a user's name or username in the Search field and click the magnifying glass icon. All users matching the search criteria and role will be displayed.
- Click the username to view account information for a specific user.
- Click PRINT to print a copy of your entire roster. The roster is displayed in a new browser window with the Name (listed alphabetically by last name), username, and password (students only).
- When the print dialog box appears, select your local or network printer and click OK.
Adding a New Student to the School
Students that do not have a Utah Compose account should be added to your district SIS. An account will be created for the new student in Utah Compose through the nightly update process, which can take 24-48 hours. To retrieve a student account for a new student, first ensure that they have been registered in your district SIS.
Adding a New Teacher to the School
NEW TEACHERS MUST REGISTER WITH THEIR CACTUS ID NUMBERS. The information must also be added to the school's SIS. Just remember that it takes 24-48 hours for the information to be uploaded into Utah Compose from the School Information System.
Paraprofessionals can be added to Utah Compose without a CACTUS ID number. They should contact their school admin to verify that they do not have a CACTUS ID or a Utah Compose teacher account. The admin can create a teacher account, create a course for the paraprofessional, and add students from existing school rosters. Please use this sparingly. This feature was not designed to thwart the data security web service for individuals with CACTUS ID numbers.
Adding a New School Administrator Account
District administrators can manually add a school administrator account directly into Utah Compose. To do this, follow these steps.
- From the Find a User page, click the Add button and select Add new school administrator.
- Select the desired school. Enter the school administrator's first name, last name, and their email address.
- Enter a username and password, and then confirm the entered password.
NOTE: Usernames must be unique to the Utah Compose system. S+CACTUS ID (S123456) is preferred as their username.
- Click Save. The school administrator account has now been added to the selected school.
Editing a School Administrator Account
- To edit a school administrator account, find and select the school administrator and click their username.
- Update the desired information and click Save.
- To see a school administrator's password, click Show.
- To change a school administrator's password, enter a new password and confirm the new password.
- Click Save.